Tuesday, October 26, 2004

A Matter of Priorities...

Our stealth reporter overhears W on the phone this morning:

W: Bill, how you doin' this morning, pardner?
Chief Justice R: Well, it will be a slow recovery...

W: Nonsense, get your tail out of bed and get back to work. I'm going to need you next week.
CJR: But, Mr. President, I've been diagnosed with cancer and had a tracheotomy over the weekend. Just give me a few days...

W: You don't get it, do you? You have to be on the bench or we lose the 5-4 advantage and...
CJR: ..and this time you might lose the presidency.

W: (shouting) DON'T USE THAT PHRASE AROUND ME! Just make sure you are back on the bench Monday. I don't care what kind of personal problems you have.
CJR: Aren't you overstepping the boundaries between branches of the government just a little?

W: Look, Bill, just stick with me, I'll take care of you. I always take care of my friends...



Posted by a Vet -- -- permanent link